[Grammar] Is this sentence has any grammer or proposistion mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
shop has no webcamera for capture photograph to making identy card from customers.Instance observed that staffs capture photograph by using their own selfphone.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
shop has no webcamera for capture photograph to making identy card from customers.Instance observed that staffs capture photograph by using their own selfphone.

There are multiple errors in both your title and your post.

- It's grammar.
- It's preposition.
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
- Put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

Please don't put words in such pale colours as that bright green. They're almost impossible to read. I don't know why you specifically put the prepositions in that colour, although I realise you were querying their use. I have marked in red every word that has some kind of error, either with capitalisation, spelling, punctuation or grammar.

Last edited:
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
So what is the correct sentence and correct preposistion for this sentence?.

There are multiple errors in both your title and your post.

- It's grammar.
- It's preposition.
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
- Put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

Please don't put words in such pale colours as that bright green. They're almost impossible to read. I don't know why you specifically put the prepositions in that colour, although I realise you were querying their use. I have marked in red every word that has some kind of error, either with capitalisation, spelling, punctuation or grammar.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Here's an idea. Why don't you look at the hints I gave you (starting every sentence with a capital letter, for example), then write your sentence again following those rules. Once you've corrected those things, we can look at the actual content (the words themselves).

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Shop has no webcamera for capturing photograph to make identy card from customers. Instance observed that staff capture photograph by using their own cellphone.

Here's an idea. Why don't you look at the hints I gave you (starting every sentence with a capital letter, for example), then write your sentence again following those rules. Once you've corrected those things, we can look at the actual content (the words themselves).

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Shop has no webcamera for capturing photograph to make identy card from customers. Instance observed that staff capture photograph by using their own cellphone.

Shop has no webcamera for capturing photograph to make identy card from customers. Instance observed that staffs capture photograph by using their own cellphone.
What about this sentence?.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Shop has no webcamera for capturing photograph to make identy card from customers. Instance observed that staffs capture photograph by using their own cellphone.

What about this sentence?.

OK, thank you for correcting those errors. Now let's deal with the content.

I assume you are talking about a specific shop, so you need to add an article before the word "shop".
We rarely say "web camera" - it's usually "webcam".
We say "taking photographs" rather than "capturing".
The shop doesn't just take one photograph so the singular is inappropriate.
The shop doesn't just make one identity card so the singular is inappropriate.
We don't make things "from" customers. That means that we change customers into something else, or use customers as an ingredient. Try to find another preposition.

I don't know what you are trying to say by "Instance observed". Can you try to use different words to explain what you want to say?
Check a dictionary for the word "staffs". It exists in the plural but only when using the countable definition of "staff". You are looking for the uncountable form.
The same advice for "capture" and "photograph" applies in paragraph 2.

Following that advice, make some changes to your sentence again.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
OK, thank you for correcting those errors. Now let's deal with the content.

I assume you are talking about a specific shop, so you need to add an article before the word "shop".
We rarely say "web camera" - it's usually "webcam".
We say "taking photographs" rather than "capturing".
The shop doesn't just take one photograph so the singular is inappropriate.
The shop doesn't just make one identity card so the singular is inappropriate.
We don't make things "from" customers. That means that we change customers into something else, or use customers as an ingredient. Try to find another preposition.

I don't know what you are trying to say by "Instance observed". Can you try to use different words to explain what you want to say?
Check a dictionary for the word "staffs". It exists in the plural but only when using the countable definition of "staff". You are looking for the uncountable form.
The same advice for "capture" and "photograph" applies in paragraph 2.

Following that advice, make some changes to your sentence again.
CHANGES:-
The shop has no webcam by taking photographs to make identy cards for customers. It is observed that staff are taking photographs by their own cellphone.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
CHANGES:-
The shop has no webcam by taking photographs to make identy cards for customers. It is observed that staff are taking photographs by their own cellphone.

"The shop has no webcam for taking photographs to make identity cards for customers. It is observed that staff are taking photographs with their own cellphones."

Now it's grammatical.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Note the spelling of identity.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
"The shop has no webcam for taking photographs to make identity cards for customers. It is observed that staff are taking photographs with their own cellphones."

Now it's grammatical.

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.