1. ani

Smile every day english.

Hi... Could you tell me how I can study english vocabulary in an easy way and that it helps me to remember every single word that I study. Maybe there is a study method or ..I don't know.
    well... thanks a lot in advance.

2. matilda

Talking Re: every day english.

hi dear

there are lots of methods you can use in order to memorize vocabularies.
    I always read the vocabs 2 or 3 times from on the note. then , I alwys right the new ones on a narrow piece of paper ( the one i can carry every where) and I keep that every where with my self . as using the bus to university, between the commercial advertisements during the movies, and even when i'm on the way going to the cinema or restaurant with my friends.
    use this method .it WILL work.
    these papers are not heavy. A SINGLE PIECE OF PAPER that you can carry every where.

but one of my brothers always writes everything when he wants to memorize .it is a good way but I'm not so eager to use that.
    But by the way , you can use one of these two methods or try to find YOUR OWN WAY .

hope it helps

• Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: every day english.

You may try reading them for 5 times, that helps! I have tried that and it helps me. Won't read them for 5 times at one instance, rather read it once while you are on breakfast, and once at lunch, at dinner and, so on to your convenience.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: every day english.

I find associating mental images with the corresponding words help. You can easily do that with words that describe concrete objects, such as pencil sharpener, knapsack, and ponytail, since you can see them with your eyes. As for the abstract words such as indignation (extreme anger), flabbergasted (surprised, dumbfounded), democracy (ideal, form of government) and so on, try to think of a situation where these words could be applied.

For example, I associate the word 'flabbergasted' with an imaginary friend of mine who claims he transplanted his own lips onto his forehead. I would indeed be 'flabbergasted' to see his lips on his forehead, and by the fact that he actually thought of and did such stupid thing.

I used some big words on purpose, because words like 'love' can easily be memorized without any special technique.

If you can't think of any imagery off hand, try googling for images.
    Last edited by HaraKiriBlade; 25-Feb-2006 at 05:47.