Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
What is the difference among these sentences : 1.on vs as on (like 'as on Friday')2.of vs as of (like 'as of today') 3.with vs as with (like 'as with all subjects')4.by vs as by (like 'as by magic') 5.in vs as in (like 'as in examples')6.for vs as for (like as for today) Do these phrases(as on etc) express the same meanings of the prepositions above (on etc)? Please explain these above phrases grammatically.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I have made the post a little easier to read:

What is the difference [STRIKE]among[/STRIKE] between these [STRIKE]sentences[/STRIKE] expressions:

1. on vs as on (like 'as on Friday')
2. of vs as of (like 'as of today')
3. with vs as with (like 'as with all subjects')
4. by vs as by (like 'as by magic')
5. in vs as in (like 'as in examples')
6. for vs as for (like as for today)

Do these phrases(as on etc) express the same meanings of the prepositions above (on etc)? Please explain these above phrases grammatically.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks. I needed that information from a very long time. Solved my several ambiguous problems regarding to these little words and their usage. :)

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. The OP was rather poorly formatted, so 5jj tidied it up so that it was readable. So far, no-one has actually dealt with the question so can you explain how the posts have helped you to solve problems you have had for a very long time?

Status
Not open for further replies.