I have a question which I have searched for its answer for hours.
The question is we call "dog", "fun", "jacket"... "Nouns".
We call "imagine", "jump", "delete"...."Verbs".
But when it comes to the five basic English sentence patterns, what do you name the phrases after?
They are "subject", "object", "verb", "subjective complement" and "objective complement".
Do they have a particular group name?
Thank you for your help.