Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Italy
dear guys

hi
I need to submit a motivation letter for admission in a phd program. I am not that good in writing in english
Could you please help me with perusing and correcting it.

Thanks, here it is:
"I am (Behrouz Yazdani), born and brought up in Iran, After completing my Bachelor degree (Electrical Engineering) from International university of Imam Khomeini, Iran, I was involved in industrial automation job for almost 2 years, then I joined a master degree program (Electronic engineering, Embedded systems) in Polytechnic of Turin, Italy. My working and research experience in the field of embedded systems has given me lots of confidence and insights into this field. Moreover, after starting my thesis related to testing area made me study all the basics and theory of dependability issues once again, which was very fascinating because after getting job exposure in the same arena gave me a good visualization power in the critical areas of the dependability and reliability like fault detection, fault prevention, fault tolerance design methods, etc. My recently accepted paper titled “A Software-based Self-Test for online testing the scan chain circuitries in microprocessors” also shows my eagerness to pursued my career and study in this filed. So, I have intended my mind to go for a research oriented degree and going for a PhD is the best option, since it would not only give me a details insight to the subjects of my interest but also improve my chances of future technical growth.

My Scientific Interests:
I have been recently involved in various related projects, so my current interest area can be outlined as, testing, dependability issues (fault detection, isolation, fault tolerance design and also investigating these topics over configurable systems), and designing robust and dependable adaptive systems.

Research Project Plan
Becoming involved in a various projects related to testing and dependability, I started to understand the immense potential behind the online testing technique of SBST. I strongly believe that there are lot of options either unexplored or under developed in the research arena of SBST and configurable systems dependability. I have a research plan related to dependability of configurable systems. I would like to lever the benefits of SBST algorithm along with configuration capabilities of adaptive system to achieve robust system again different possible adverse conditions.

Reason behind choosing of the doctoral school:
In the letter of motivation most of the universities want to know the reason behind choosing the doctoral school of that university. In my case, the first reason is the reputation of German education system and universities especially university of Oldenburg, But this is not the only reason for my applying into the School of computer science of this university. I believe that the blend of rich culture, technology and heritage of Germany will definitely open up a new world of opportunities and help me to grow personally, technically and internationally as well.
My Future Plan
After Completion of PhD program I would like to join a research library, which is joint to high-level industry in Germany. I also hope that someday I would be able to set up an excellent consultancy company, so as our future generation can produce quality research. I truly believe that getting admission and scholarship in university of Oldenburg will take me a step ahead in achieving my goals. Finally, I would like to thank university of Oldenburg for offering PhD program in the state-of-the-art areas in my interest area. Thanking you.

With Regards
Behrouz Yazdani
EMAIL ADDRESS: s173007@studenti.polito.it
"

Thanks

EnglishFix

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Chile
"I am Behrouz Yazdani. I was born and brought up in Iran, After completing my bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from the international university of Imam Khomeini in Iran, I worked in an industrial automation job for almost two years. I then took a master's degree program in Electronic Engineering, Embedded Systems at the Polytechnic of Turin, Italy. My working and research experience in the field of embedded systems has given me lots of confidence and insight into this field.

Moreover, my thesis was related to testing and this required me to study all the basics and theory of dependability issues once again. This was very fascinating because I had job exposure in the same arena and my this gave me a good ability to visualize the critical areas of the dependability and reliability such as fault detection, fault prevention, and fault tolerance design methods.

My recently accepted paper titled “A Software-based Self-Test for Online Testing the Scan Chain Circuitries in Microprocessors” also shows my eagerness to pursue my career and study in this field. So, I have made up my mind to go for a research oriented degree and going for a PhD is the best option since it would not only give me a detailed insight to the subjects of my interest but also improve my chances of future technical growth.

My Scientific Interests
I have recently been involved in various projects so my current interest area can be outlined as, testing, dependability issues (fault detection, isolation, fault tolerance design and investigating these topics over configurable systems), and designing robust and dependable adaptive systems.

Research Project Plan
Becoming involved in various projects related to testing and dependability, I started to understand the immense potential behind the online testing technique of SBST. I strongly believe that there are lot of options either unexplored or under developed in the research arena of SBST and configurable systems dependability. I have a research plan related to dependability of configurable systems. I would like to leverage the benefits of SBST algorithms along with the configuration capabilities of adaptive systems to achieve robust systems against different possible adverse conditions.

Reason behind choosing of the doctoral school
In the letter of motivation, most universities want to know the reason behind choosing the doctoral school of that university. In my case, the first reason is the reputation of the German education system and universities especially the University of Oldenburg. But this is not the only reason for my application to the School of Computer Science of this university. I believe that the blend of rich cultures, technology, and the heritage of Germany will definitely open up a new world of opportunities and help me to grow personally, technically, and internationally as well.

My Future Plan
After completion of PhD program, I would like to join a research library that is affiliated with high-level industry in Germany. I also hope that someday I will be able to set up an excellent consultancy company so our future generations can produce quality research. I truly believe that gaining admission and scholarship to the University of Oldenburg will take me a step ahead in achieving my goals. Finally, I would like to thank the University of Oldenburg for offering a PhD program in these state-of-the-art fields in my interest area. Thank you.

With Regards,
Behrouz Yazdani

Status
Not open for further replies.