Per British punctuation style, are these correct? How would you punctuate those that aren't?
I say that the full stops go outside the ending quote marks in the following sentences because these are not direct quotes:
1. The sentence is “Be good to yourself and may God bless'.
2. I like the adage “A stitch in time saves nine”.
3. His email said, “The meeting will be on 4 June 2013. ... Please be punctual”.
4. The sign said, “Keep off the grass”.
5. The policy stated, “Intoxicated employees will be subject to termination of employment”.