heeelp! motivation letter for university! thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
hey guys! i need help with my motivation letter for the university im applying to. i didn't know really what to write about and what was important to mention so i gave it a try. could you just check the content, spelling and grammar? i would be so grateful. thank you!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am applying for your Bachelor programme “International Media and Entertainment Management” starting in September 2013 due to your university's excellent international reputation, the very positive impressions I gained on your open day including the warm, international atmosphere, the practically relevant teaching methods and your competent teaching staff, which will surely equip me with the sufficient knowledge and skills to achieve my professional goal as a media manager at a major media company.

Hereinafter, I want to depict the motivation behind my career ambitions and how the course will benefit from my personality and abilities. At an early age of ten, my extroverted personality led soon to the entering of the theatre stage, which soon proved to be the catalyst for my intensive desire to express and present myself in front of a larger audience. Starting with minor school plays, I improved my acting skills quickly and contributed to large-scale productions as a child - for instance at the “xxx”. During all this years as an actor I experienced the fundamental need for cooperation with co-actors and production team members, that is the ultimate way leading not only to personal but also collective success. Furthermore, I discovered that my personal enthusiasm can serve as an incentive motivating my fellow teammates and create a pleasurable working experience for everybody. To become more autonomous and to deepen my knowledge in theatre production I went to Norway for one year in 2010/2011, where I attended the Drama linja, a special school class that provides attending students with sufficient knowledge in theatre production, acting and drama for those who seek a future career as actors, theatre producers, directors or any profession in the media and entertainment industry. As part of our education, we founded a theatre production company run by 12 students to acquire practical knowledge in the field of theatre production with different tasks. I was in charge of the marketing of our company. The work we did was not a simulation due to our production of multiple plays for mature, juvenile and puerile audiences, for example the musical RENT. This experience I rank among the most pleasurable in my life, as I enjoyed the responsibility and the use of communicative skills as the marketing manager selling our productions to theatres and schools and the promotion. My acting continues until today, as I have taken part in various productions on various stages including the lead role in Don Juan by Moliere. In all plays I contributed to I was always asked to give advice concerning the production and often served as assistant director, which led to a deep understanding of the director's work and the production itself. At your open day I discovered the course's international character by talking to several foreign students, which appealed to me as I am eager to learn more about foreign cultures. Hence, my voluntary work for the not-for-profit student exchange organisation xxx. Upon arrival exchange students often face difficulties due to cultural differences. Therefore I take part in the arrangement of meetings where students may speak freely about their problems, learn about the German culture, lifestyle and school system.

However, my decision to study Media Management was fueled by a good friend of mine whose father is xxxx, former CEO of xxx. xxx's passion for his profession is contagious and he told me everything about his work. He introduced me to directors, managers and producers, who were all eager to share details about their jobs with me, so that I know what expects me in the media and I am confident to go this way with all my eagerness and acquire skills in this field. I am sure to exceed your expectations due to my experience in theatre production and my interpersonal communicative skills as an enthusiastic team player. Thank you and I am looking forward to your acceptance.

Yours faithfully,

EnglishFix

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Chile
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am applying for your Bachelor's programme “International Media and Entertainment Management” starting in September 2013 because to your university's excellent international reputation, the very positive impressions I gained on your open day including the warm, international atmosphere, the practical, relevant teaching methods and your competent teaching staff, which will surely equip me with the sufficient knowledge and skills to achieve my professional goals as a media manager at a major media company.

Hereafter, I want to depict the motivation behind my career ambitions and how the courses will benefit from my personality and abilities. At the early age of ten, my extroverted personality soon led to my entering of the theatre stage, which soon proved to be the catalyst for my intensive desire to express and present myself in front of a larger audience. Starting with minor school plays, I improved my acting skills quickly and contributed to large-scale productions as a child - for instance at the “xxx”. During all these years as an actor I experienced the fundamental need for cooperation with co-actors and production team members. That is the ultimate way that leads not only to personal but also collective success. Furthermore, I discovered that my personal enthusiasm can serve as an incentive that motivates my fellow teammates and creates a pleasurable working experience for everybody.

To become more autonomous and to deepen my knowledge in theatre production I went to Norway for one year in 2010 and 2011 where I attended the Drama linja, a special school class that provides students with a sufficient knowledge of theatre production, acting, and drama for those who seek a future career as actors, theatre producers, directors, or any profession in the media and entertainment industry. As part of our education, we founded a theatre production company run by 12 students to acquire practical knowledge in the field of theatre production with different tasks. I was in charge of the marketing of our company. The work we did was not a simulation due to our production of multiple plays for mature, juvenile, and puerile audiences such as the musical RENT. This experience I rank among the most pleasurable in my life, as I enjoyed the responsibility and the use of communicative skills as the marketing manager by selling our productions to theatres and schools.

My acting continues today, as I have taken part in various productions on various stages including the lead role in Don Juan by Moliere. In all plays I contributed to I was always asked to give advice concerning the production and often served as assistant director, which led to a deep understanding of the director's work and the production itself. At your open day, I discovered the course's international character by talking to several foreign students, which appealed to me as I am eager to learn more about foreign cultures hence, my voluntary work for the not-for-profit student exchange organisation xxx. Upon arrival exchange students often face difficulties due to cultural differences. Therefore I take part in the arrangement of meetings where students may speak freely about their problems, learn about the German culture, lifestyle, and school system.

However, my decision to study Media Management was fueled by a good friend of mine whose father is xxxx, former CEO of xxx. xxx's passion for his profession is contagious and he told me everything about his work. He introduced me to directors, managers and producers, who were all eager to share details about their jobs with me, so that I know what is expected of me in the media so I am confident to go in this direction with all my eagerness and to acquire skills in this field. I am sure to exceed your expectations due to my experience in theatre production and my interpersonal communicative skills as an enthusiastic team player. Thank you and I am looking forward to your acceptance.

kryan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
thank you veeeeery much :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hey guys! I need help with my motivation letter for the university [strike]im[/strike] I'm applying to. I didn't [strike]know[/strike] really know what to write about and what was important to mention so I gave it a try. Could you just check the content, spelling and grammar? I would be so grateful. Thank you!

Thank you [strike]veeeeery[/strike] very much. :)

Kryan, please remember to use correct capitalisation and punctuation when you post on the forum, in all parts of your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.