Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hi! I have a sentence, which I run across on some site and I became interested in which form of the verb "aim" is more appropriate:
This first one:
1) We're looking for talented and creative people aimed at learning new and to enhance our growing team.
Or the second one:
2) We're looking for talented and creative people aiming at learning new and to enhance our growing team.
The meaning of the sentence, as I understand it, is "We are looking for people who aim at learning new stuff", that is, the very people aim at doing it, they want it and they do it.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi! I have a sentence, which I run across on some site and I became interested in which form of the verb "aim" is more appropriate:
This first one:
1) We're looking for talented and creative people aimed at learning new and to enhance our growing team.
Or the second one:
2) We're looking for talented and creative people aiming at learning new and to enhance our growing team.
The meaning of the sentence, as I understand it, is "We are looking for people who aim at learning new stuff", that is, the very people aim at doing it, they want it and they do it.

Between the two, 1) is clearer in terms of who is "aiming" i.e. the organization is looking for people who aim at learning etc., whereas in 2) it is not clear whether the "aiming" is on the part of the organization or on the part of the people. So, your understanding would fit better with #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.