Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
South Africa
Hi there,

I have just come across thie assignment number one of the one-to-one course and it is about creating an activity for an upper-intermediate studnet and the the topic of the lesson is Travelling.

"Your student has fluency problems and she tends to be reluctant to speak, so think of an activity which would encourage her to do a lot of talking. "

And considering the teaching large classes module and the kinds of activity to do with the upper intermediates, i was thinking about a gap filling excercise first regarding travelling and the different types, such as bussiness, leisure, long distance and exploring the concept of travelling and after asking the student to bring along pitcures of places she/he has visited or wants to visit and show interest in her/him in a relaxed conversational manner. Lastly I would maybe ask her to write an essay or prepare a presentation on a trip she/he would like to take or a country of interest, therfore spurring him/her to do research on their own time through the Internet or any other means they choose.
However, not knowing the age of the student I am not entirely sure how to go about it and even if the activity is suited.

Any suggestions and/or corrections would be gladly appreciated

Margherita

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, margerita, :hi:

We like to help when we can, but we don't help with assignments. Your teacher wants to know what you can do, not what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.