Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: overlay

  1. Senior Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Apr 2012
    • Posts: 803


    The smartphone-like glasses include a variation of augmented reality.

    This technology overlays information onto the screen about one's surroundings.

    What do the two underlined parts mean?



  2. VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Apr 2009
    • Posts: 12,465

    Re: overlay

    "Augmented reality" is what they call it when a computer/camera application can show you the world in front of you and give you more information about that world.

    In this case, the glasses would show you information about what you are seeing superimposed on top of the image of whatever you are looking at.

    You look down a city street and you would see not only the buildings and the people, but information about the area, what the names of the buildings are, where there are restrooms, where you can buy a cup of coffee or a pair of pants. Reality. Augmented.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts