Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
United States
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post ever (not just this forum but online, period :)!

English is my second language. Although I have worked to improve it, my grammar, sentence structure and word choice is not as polished as that of a native English speaker.
I have been blessed with the opportunity to apply at great business schools. Obviously I want to be sure to present the best image and thus need help with a review for my business school essays.

An English teacher or an graduate who majored in English willing to help? Please let me know a good email to send you the attachment. (Unless I can send it on this forum. I will look and find out)

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The concept of this forum is that all should be able to learn from the various questions and answers posted here. If you have specific questions about your writing, post that writing here and someone will comment on it.

sfyn2it

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
United States
Hi Gillnetter,
I read the rules and forum purpose carefully before posting. I did not read anything as limiting as your understanding. I am pretty sure this is an open forum for those seeking help to improve their English and those who are big enough to help.

Thanks for your post thought. It made me review the purpose of the forum just in case I was out of bounds. Better safe than sorry :)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Gillnetter's point was that we don't do proofreading on a one-to-one basis via email or private message.

You can post your text in the Editing & Writing Topics forum and somebody may be able to help (click on the underlined link).

Rover

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If you post writing, people may comment on it or correct it. If you want people to email you privately, you're unlikely to get anywhere. We're a language discussion forum primarily. People may correct writing, but there are no guarantees- we are not a free proofreading service. Post it in the forum and see what happens. Please don't post it as an attachment as people don't like opening links.

Status
Not open for further replies.