Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Dear all,

This is my very first post on this forum so first of all I would like to say hello to everyone! I am currently writing a legal cover letter, I am not entirely sure about my grammar and the fact that maybe it has not got enough details. Thank you all in advance, here is the letter:

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sir or Madam,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am a recent law graduate from the Queen Mary, University of London currently seeking for a challenging work placement opportunity within a dynamic law firm which will offer early responsibilities and the opportunity to develop practical legal skills. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]During my studies I gained knowledge of many different areas of law, however, I am particularly interested in human rights law, environmental law, and commercial law as is reflected in my choice of honors courses. As well as equipping me with legal knowledge, my course developed strengths in researching and interpreting information, making effective oral and written presentations, and working collaboratively on projects.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As an individual I have developed a wide range of transferable skills. I can bring to your firm an understanding of practical legal issues, excellent client and case management, a demonstrated ability for interdisciplinary research and practice. Throughout my extracurricular activities, I have strengthened my interpersonal and communication skills and developed my ability to interact with people from a breadth of cultural, ethnic and professional backgrounds.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would like to thank you in advance for your consideration in this matter and look forward to hearing from you in the near future.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yours Faithfully,[/FONT]

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear all,

This is my very first post on this forum so first of all I would like to say hello to everyone! I am currently writing a legal cover letter, I am not entirely sure about my grammar and the fact that maybe it has not got enough details. Thank you all in advance, here is the letter:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a recent law graduate from the Queen Mary, University of London currently seeking [STRIKE] for [/STRIKE] a challenging [STRIKE] work placement opportunity [/STRIKE] [STRIKE] within [/STRIKE] position with a dynamic law firm such as yours [STRIKE] which [/STRIKE] that will offer early responsibilities and the opportunity to develop practical legal skills.

During my studies I gained knowledge of many different areas of law, however, I am particularly interested in human rights law, environmental law, and commercial law as is reflected in my choice of honors courses. [STRIKE] As well as [/STRIKE] In addition to equipping me with legal knowledge, my course developed strengths in researching and interpreting information, making effective oral and written presentations, and working collaboratively on projects.

[STRIKE] As an individual [/STRIKE] I have also developed a wide range of transferable skills. I am confident that I can bring to your firm an understanding of practical legal issues, excellent client and case management, and a demonstrated ability for interdisciplinary research and practice. Throughout my extracurricular activities, I have strengthened my interpersonal and communication skills and developed my ability to interact with people from a breadth of cultural, ethnic and professional backgrounds.

[STRIKE] I would like to [/STRIKE] Thank you in advance for your consideration [STRIKE]in this matter[/STRIKE] and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours [STRIKE] Faithfully [/STRIKE] sincerely,

Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.