Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Australia
I was wondering how native speakers call the exam questions which needed to do calculation and how they call exam questions needed to write some sentences as answer.
Regards.

EnglishFix

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Chile
Exam questions which require some sentences as an answer are called "essay questions".
I can't think of a word for exam questions that require calculations.

Jaskin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
hi,
Please note I'm not a teacher nor a native speaker;

Perhaps a long shot on my part but if you mean different kind of question as contrast with multiple choice questions which are a type of closed-ended questions then it could be open-ended questions/problems.

Cheers

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I was wondering how native speakers call the exam questions which needed to do calculation and how they call exam questions needed to write some sentences as answer.
Regards.

Normally, questions that require calculations are math questions. The other type might be called essay questions or short-answer questions, depending on length. In the American Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) the divisions are math and verbal.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I was wondering [STRIKE]how[/STRIKE] what native speakers call the exam questions which needed to do calculation and [STRIKE]how[/STRIKE] what they call exam questions needed to write some sentences as answer.
Regards.
"What do you call X?" Never 'how'.
"How do you say X in English?"

Status
Not open for further replies.