Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hi teachers,

I would like to request you to correct my following letter. I'll reply to it sent by HALIFAX.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have received your letter regarding Missed payments. I couldn't pay you because I am living in Pakistan these days. My brother paid all my previous payments. He went to collect posts from the address I lived during my stay in the United Kingdom where my friend is currently residing. Unfortuenately, he couldn't meet my friend there hence he recieved posts at a later time. Now I would like to request you to change my address in order to avoid delay payments. My address is XXX, please change it to XXX.

Yours faithfully,
XXX

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi teachers,

[STRIKE]I would like to request you to[/STRIKE] Please correct my [STRIKE]following[/STRIKE] letter. [STRIKE]I'll reply to it sent by HALIFAX.[/STRIKE] It's a reply to a letter I received from the Halifax [Building Society].

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have received your letter of [date of their letter] regarding missed payments.

[STRIKE]I couldn't pay you because I am living in Pakistan these days. My brother paid all my previous payments. He went to collect posts from the address I lived during my stay in the United Kingdom where my friend is currently residing. Unfortuenately, he couldn't meet my friend there hence he recieved posts at a later time. Now I would like to request you to change my address in order to avoid delay payments. My address is XXX, please change it to XXX.[/STRIKE]

I am writing to notify you that I now live in Pakistan. I apologise for not notifying you of my change of address earlier. My brother has been collecting post from my UK address but he was unable to gain access to the house recently and therefore was unaware of the contents of several of your letters until a little while after they arrived.

I am under the impression that my brother paid all my outstanding payments on my behalf but if that is not the case, I will of course pay the outstanding amounts as soon as possible.

Please note my current address in Pakistan: [full address] and direct all future correspondence there.

Yours faithfully,
XXX

See above.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dammit, I just realised this is a closed thread! How do I not see the notification until after I've spent all that time working on it?! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.