[Grammar] Could anyone please check out any mistakes in my appeal letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a cooperator

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Yemen
Current Location
Yemen
My name XXX
My address XXX
My Email XXX

The address of recipient person.

Re: letter of appeal(Applicaion UID)

Dear Sir(s)/Madam(s),

I am a candidate for TG2 Master mobility for the project Erasmus Mundus A 2 SALAM for Iran, Iraq and Yemen, and I feel that my candidature was not assessed properly. I am writing to you to appeal a reconsideration in processing my application form.

Although I was not surprised when I received a rejection letter from SALAM Project Coordinator for Erasmus Mundus Action 2- Lot 7, I was extremely disappointed. I knew when I applied for Erasmus Mundus during all these years(2010 and 2013)(EM Action 2 Lot 8ain October21, 2010 and EM Action 2 Lot 7 in February 6th 2013),I always have seen my university(Hadramout university, Yemen), where I have been working as an academic staff(a teaching assistant in the Faculty of Education – Socotra Island) since 2007 until now unlisted in the drop-down menu. So it seemed as though my university hasn't been registered as a partner university so far. As a result, I had to state my home university in my personal information page and attached the proof of registration issued by it. Thus, I feel somehow that my application was only refused because of stating my Home University. However, if so, you wouldn't let text box of Home university be accessible.

In addition, I knew that Consortium Selection Committee has not selected my applications(UID:) for the Erasmus Mundus (Lot 8) Action 2 programme for the academic year 2010 / 2011 because I hadn't the English profciency test. But Although I had the sufficient score in English(IELTS 4.0, nearly equivalent to 'B1' in CEFR) along with all the other documents needed by the host universities when applied for Erasmus Mundus A 2 SALAM for this academic year(2013/2014), my application has also been rejected.

I fully understand and respect your decision to deny my application, but I do hope you will reopen my file to consider this new information. I am tremendously impressed by EU universities, and I would most like to be a student at one of them. I appreciate the time that you have taken to read my appeal.

Yours faithfully,
My name

Enclosures

Last edited:

a cooperator

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Yemen
Current Location
Yemen
Could anyone please take some of their precious time out to reply me at this splendid forum because I am in urgent need of this letter to be submitted as soon as possible?

Last edited:

Grammarchecker

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
There are some free online grammar and spelling checkers that might be able to help.

I use www.grammarchecker.co.uk and www.spellcheck.co.uk if I am in a hurry.

I prefer to use these sites as both can check for British (UK) English rather than American English spelling and grammar.

Spellcheck.co.uk can check about 30 other languages too.

Status
Not open for further replies.