Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
USE APPROPRIETE FORMS OF THE VERBS IN BRACKETS

1. I (walk) was walking past that shop, it must have been 11 o'clock, when suddenly I (hear) heard to shots from inside.

2. John still speaks with genuine accent. But it's true that before he (move) moved to Cambridge he (live) lived in Soho.

3. I heard that English syntax (not be) wasn't difficult, and thus I thought that I (learn) learned the whole stuff in a week.

Is that correct?

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
Welcome to UsingEnglish, amyg05.

We do not do homework or assignments for people. Please read the Posting Guidelines:

Homework:

Please don't ask us to do or correct your homework; this is a place to discuss language.

Your teacher wants to know what you can do, not what we can do.

amyg05

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I wasn't asking you to do it, I was was asking for correction. I'm not learning for my teacher, I'm learning for myself and I just wanted to know if I did it properly. Your reply is quite unfair.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I wasn't asking you to do it, I was was asking for correction. I'm not learning for my teacher, I'm learning for myself and I just wanted to know if I did it properly. Your reply is quite unfair.
No, Chicken Sandwich's reply is quite fair. He's letting you know that we don't do homework here, and neither do we correct it.
Perhaps you think the forum rule is unfair. You could take that up with the administrator.

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Hello, amyg05.:-D
I know how you feel.
It might be that you're making good preparations for your next class.
However, there's a rule here in this forum (as CS showed above). You'll need to accept it.
Please remember that we don't intend to be mean to you.
Good luck!

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
amyg, when your teacher has seen your work and corrected it, you can come back to us if there is still anything you don't understand about it.

Rover

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
USE APPROPRIATE FORMS OF THE VERBS IN BRACKETS

1. I (walk) was walking past that shop, it must have been 11 o'clock, when suddenly I (hear) heard [strike]to[/strike] two shots from inside.

2. John still speaks with genuine accent (completely unnatural). But it's true that before he (move) moved to Cambridge he (live) lived in Soho.

3. I heard that English syntax (not be) wasn't difficult, and thus I thought that I (learn) learned the whole stuff in a week.

Is that correct?

Please see the amendments I have made above. Either your book is badly written and contains errors, or you have mistyped them into the forum. If it's the former, you should get a better book. If it's the latter, then be more careful when you copy.

Are you going to submit this exercise to your English teacher? If so, when? If you are confused as to why we are all asking about this, it's because your title is "Problems with my homework". Homework is work set by your teacher which you do at home and then submit to your teacher for marking. It does not mean work that you simply choose to do at home of your own volition.

Status
Not open for further replies.