Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
New Zealand
Any suggestions would be great :D:lol:

Boxing
The world famous sport enjoyed by millions across the world, is being criticized for being too violent?. The history of boxing itself dates back at least several thousand years beyond the ancient Olympics, stretching back to 3,000 B.C. So to discontinue this traditional sport is to take away a large part of history.
With other sports, injuring the opponent is punished because it's against the rules of the game, but with boxing, the object of the game is to hurt the opponent, which means there have been countless casualties and many lives that have been affected drastically by boxing.
For these reasons medical associations speaking for doctors all over the world have called for boxing to be banned. But every fighter knows the risks of their sport whether they are boxers, MMA fighters or bull fighters. Some of the other sports are equally dangerous if not more than boxing, for instance, there are frequent injuries in rugby but people have no objection on rugby, Right?.

Although boxing is a brutal sporting event, allot can be learned to accept this style of sport. No other sport delivers such a detailed examination of a mans heart, a mans character and a mans discipline than boxing.
In my opinion, all other sports are merely for fun and entertainment. Boxing is the only sport that is not just for that, but for an examination of one man character against anothers.
Learning the flow of boxing is like talking to someone, and learning from every action, It is like a physical chess game that is culturally shared throughout the world.

In conclusion, while there are some understandable reasons for worrying about danger in sport, I believe people should be free to watch and participate in whatever sport they want. What we need to do is to ensure that personal safety of the players or athletes is not in danger, and to encourage more people to push themselves and take part so that they can enjoy these activities, there are precautionary health measures being taken by the athletic commissions and more recent technologies for the safety of a boxer.

There are reasons to ban and reasons not to ban the sport. You can evoke an arguement as to why keep such a sport alive, it only displays violence? True, it may display violence, but in addition, boxing gives an opportunity to people who have incredible talent in combat. If the only field of profession that a person may know is combat, then why not combat for a living? A positive arguement for boxing is that it gives entertainment value. It attracts audiences.
In short, boxing is a privelege, not a right. Why ban a privelege?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When will you submit your essay to your teacher/tutor?

tristanallison

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
New Zealand
I have already submitted it. but I need help revising it! urgently!!!!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have already submitted it. but I need help revising it! urgently!!!!

Firstly, if you've already submitted it, why are you now revising it? Secondly, we don't respond well to words like "Urgent" etc. When you get your essay back from your teacher with the mark and any corrections, you can come back to us if you have problems understanding any of the corrections.

Status
Not open for further replies.