Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Among the biggest at the moment is “collateral management”: helping financial institutions and companies manage the collateral that they are owed or that regulators want them to post with central counterparties on their derivative transactions.

Does "with central counterparties" mean by with the help from them or just together with them?

It's kind of blurry to me. If someone can just explain the phrase "with central counterparties", that would be pretty helpful. And your answers will be appreciated.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That sounds like a classic case of "business/management b*llocks" if you ask me. Although it's probably just financial speak which is why I don't understand it - something my bank manager would confirm. ;-)

Last edited:

michael147

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
That sounds like a classis case of "business/management b*llocks" if you ask me. Although it's probably just financial speak which is why I don't understand it - something my bank manager would confirm. ;-)

Thank you for your reply. I've updated my question. If you can tell what "with central counterparties" means, that would be very helpful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.