Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Brazil
Hi,

Is the following text correct?

X-Turismo’s speciality is to receive and accompany groups want specific holiday programs in X, P and other places in the state of VV, a beautiful region located at the corner of Latin America. We are lucky to enjoy the highest rate of sunshine in Brazil with constant trade winds and beaches with coconut trees and dunes in warm waters.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hi,

X-Turismo’s speciality is to receive and accompany groups that or which want specific holiday programs in X, P and other places in the state of VV, a beautiful region in Latin America. (At the corner of does not make sense here.) We are lucky to enjoy the most sunshine in Brazil with constant trade winds and beaches with coconut trees and dunes and warm waters.

:)

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,

X-Turismo’s speciality is to receive and accompany groups who want specific holiday programs in X, P and other places in the state of VV, a beautiful region located at the corner of Latin America. We are lucky to enjoy the highest rate of sunshine in Brazil with constant trade winds and beaches with coconut trees and dunes in warm waters.
Without more definition, "the corner of Latin America" is meaningless. Usually, one would write, "at the corner of Broadway and Main", or something similar. You could write, "in a corner of Latin America", but even this doesn't tell the reader which corner. Is there a corner of a series of irregular shaped countries?

The way this is written would lead one to believe that there are dunes in the water.

"We are lucky to enjoy the highest amount of sunshine in Brazil with constant trade winds, warm waters, and beaches with coconut trees".

bieasy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Brazil
By writing "corner of Latin America" I mean the geographical place: Norteastern Brazil when you look at the map looks like a corner of a triangle. What could I use instead?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
By writing "corner of Latin America" I mean the geographical place: Norteastern Brazil when you look at the map looks like a corner of a triangle. What could I use instead?

You can say the "north-eastern corner of Brazil" but not of the whole of Latin America. That's most of a continent and it doesn't have corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.