• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Lightbulb What is the meaning of "mennonough" ?

Hey guys, I'm translating an episode of a TV show called "scandal" and there, a woman was talking about "Kurkistan" and mentioned that "if I lived there, I would have been married off to feed the mennonough to keep growing opiumin the fields."

I don't get the meaning of "mennonough". I checked my dictionaries and also Googled it but it was waste of time.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: What is the meaning of "mennonough" ?

Quote Originally Posted by elka021 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm translating an episode of a TV show called "scandal" and there, a woman was talking about "Kurkistan" and mentioned that "if I lived there, I would have been married off to feed the mennonough to keep growing opiumin the fields."

I don't get the meaning of "mennonough". I checked my dictionaries and also Googled it but it was waste of time.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Are you sure it isn't "... I would have been married off to feed the men enough to keep growing opium ..."?

Edit: I just found this on a TV review website: "In fact Millie's whole speech about how if they had been born in rural Kurdistan they would have been married at 12 and growing opium in the fields ..."
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 24-Jun-2013 at 17:09.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Re: What is the meaning of "mennonough" ?

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Are you sure it isn't "... I would have been married off to feed the men enough to keep growing opium ..."?

Edit: I just found this on a TV review website: "In fact Millie's whole speech about how if they had been born in rural Kurdistan they would have been married at 12 and growing opium in the fields ..."
    Thank you so very much. What you said was a great hint, because I listened again and again - as she talks fast- and noticed that it is "men enough" although in the English subtitle it is "mennonough".

Appreciate it.