Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi Teacher,

What does "in the creamy milky flesh" mean?

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Hi Teacher,

Hello, yanx.:-D

We'll need context to fully understand what it means, but I imagine it refers to "fruit flesh" of some kind.

(Please wait for native speakers to respond.)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
As tzfujimino said, we need the context. Please post the whole sentence where you found this phrase and tell us the general context.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi Teacher,

Google returned several hits describing the fruit guanabana (aka soursop) as having creamy, milky flesh. The flesh of the fruit is white and soft.

yanx

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The dialogue is as follows:

But I don't give a rat's patootie about the Volvo. In fact, the fact that you are here in the creamy milky flesh means the unibody construction did its job.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The dialogue is as follows:

But I don't give a rat's patootie about the Volvo. In fact, the fact that you are here in the creamy milky flesh means the unibody construction did its job.

The speaker is describing the other person's body (physical body) as having creamy, milky flesh. I assume that person is quite pale-skinned. It's simply saying that the fact that the person has successfully arrived by car in one piece (no injuries and still alive) means that the car's "unibody construction" (whatever that is!) has done its job and delivered the driver to their destination with no incidents.

yanx

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The speaker is describing the other person's body (physical body) as having creamy, milky flesh. I assume that person is quite pale-skinned. It's simply saying that the fact that the person has successfully arrived by car in one piece (no injuries and still alive) means that the car's "unibody construction" (whatever that is!) has done its job and delivered the driver to their destination with no incidents.

Yes, you are right teacher, the person is really quite pale-skinned. Now I understand the situation more accurately. Thanks a lot!

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
yanx, this is the second time you have failed to give sufficient context to help us answer your questions.

That's twice you have put MikeNewYork to the trouble of searching google and finding inappropriate answers.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Monocoque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Unibody" is the way cars are made nowadays. Frame (chassis) and body are integrated into one unit. As opposed to pickup trucks and other large vehicles where the frame exists as one unit and the truck's body sits on top of the frame.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I failed to point out in my previous post that "in the flesh" is a common phrase used to mean that someone is physically present.

Status
Not open for further replies.