Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
They fear that if they start unpicking the loss-making parts, their entire operation might unravel. “If you go back in time, no one really exited anything,” says Jamie Forese, the head of Citi’s institutional-clients group. “People worried that if you limited your geographic reach or product spectrum you’d poison the rest of your ambitions.”

“no one really exited anything”, what does it mean here?

Your answer will be appreciated.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
They fear that if they start unpicking the loss-making parts, their entire operation might unravel. “If you go back in time, no one really exited anything,” says Jamie Forese, the head of Citi’s institutional-clients group. “People worried that if you limited your geographic reach or product spectrum you’d poison the rest of your ambitions.”

“no one really exited anything”, what does it mean here?

Your answer will be appreciated.
You need to look back in the text for where it's implied that someone exited something. You will then understand Mr. Forese's opinion that
"no one really exited anything." In terms of meaning, I think it means just what it says. But we don't have access to the part where it was suggested that someone did exit something.

michael147

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
You need to look back in the text for where it's implied that someone exited something. You will then understand Mr. Forese's opinion that
"no one really exited anything." In terms of meaning, I think it means just what it says. But we don't have access to the part where it was suggested that someone did exit something.

Thank you. If there is no hidden meaning, I think I have just figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.