Interested in Language
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi,

How do i improve my speaking strength? I can easily understand the speaker, I have good vocabulary also but struggling when it comes to speaking, can't even speak a single sentence properly. please help me.

Thanks.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How often do you get the opportunity to speak? Lagging behind in spoken language is not uncommon. Many people worry about their grammar when speaking instead of concentrating on getting their message across- don't let worrying about mistakes inhibit you. Making mistakes is part of the learning process.

kamransaid

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
How often do you get the opportunity to speak? Lagging behind in spoken language is not uncommon. Many people worry about their grammar when speaking instead of concentrating on getting their message across- don't let worrying about mistakes inhibit you. Making mistakes is part of the learning process.

Thanks for replying, actually i am currently working in a Spanish company,i have plenty of speaking opportunities, our company official language is English, my colleague is also English speaker but still i am struggling, can't even depend myself when i am in trouble, in fact many time i couldn't able to convey a single message to my high authorities. please help me i am eager to learn and i have to learn this language somehow.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Teia

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Hi, Richard !
How are you ?? I have missed you all !
You are right: making mistakes is part of the learning process, and I should add that this process can take a very long, long time. I have been learning English since long - almost a life time - but I still make mistakes; most of the time I am aware of the mistakes when I make them; my ear warns me when something goes wrong.
In my opinion the best way to improve one`s skills is moving to England !:) A joke, or not. For me, it is a dream - to visit England, some day; or, at least, London and the university of Bath !:)

Kind regards,
Teia

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say: "I am good at reading and listening but not so good at speaking English."