Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
United States
Im writing to ask teacher about my writing. In my head, writing such as a hell of my shoulder.. in the past, i was very bad but now is penny better. Im always thinking about "what will i use in here and how to make a essay better" i wish teacher could able to help me how to understand essay, what will it use for, the basic of rule of essay will have.

student's leanrner

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I'm writing to Ask a Teacher about my writing.

First you need to amend your profile. There's no way you can describe yourself as 'Academic'.

Secondly, before you consider essay-writing you need to learn to write simple sentences, using correct capitalisation and punctuation.

You can do this by enrolling on a course in your locality or employing a private teacher. We cannot do it for you here, though we can give you some essential basic guidelines:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Capitalise the word "I" (first person pronoun).
- End every sentence with the appropriate punctuation mark (full stop, question mark, exclamation mark).
- Put a space after a comma.
- Do not put a space before a full stop.
(Emsr2d2)

Last edited:

iamtrieu20

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
United States
thanks, i will listen to you. I wish i could do it as well, everyday, I writes essay, after that, i looks back my essay and i says whats the hell goin' on :)..
in your guidelines, i think i will try to do it and make essay-writing as well..
thank teacher

euncu

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
***Not a teacher nor a native-speaker***

I made some corrections to your writing, I hope you'll not mind.

Hello iamtrieu20,

[STRIKE]t[/STRIKE]Thanks, [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I will listen to you. I wish [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I could do it as well, everyday, I write[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] essay, after that, [STRIKE]i [/STRIKE] I look[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] back to my essay and [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I say[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] what[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] the hell is goin' on :)..
in your guidelines, [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I think [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I will try to do it and make essay-writing as well..
thank teacher

Last edited:

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
iamtrieu20, please note that standard capitalization and punctuation are not optional in this forum. You need to check your post before you submit it.

iamtrieu20

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
United States
thanks, i will listen :))

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
thanks, i will listen :))

Saying that you will listen and then posting another thread with no capital letters and incorrect punctuation will make us think that you are definitely not listening. Please post another thank you message using correct capitalisation etc, following the rules you were given in post #2.

iamtrieu20

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.