Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
United States
Hello everyone.

I made a short recording of myself to get some feedback on my accent.
Can you guess what country I'm originally from without looking at my profile? Just for fun. :)

https://soundcloud.com/sururi/accent

Thanks in advance.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
It sounds OK to me. I can't detect anything specifically American about it (except the taps for /t/ in 'better', etc.). It's comprehensible English, which is the main point.

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
I have not looked at your member profile and I would guess that you are from Russia. I would identify it as an American accent, though I do hear some "foreign" influences, some of which sound distinctly Russian (I am a native speaker of Russian).

Edit.
I have now looked at your profile, and I was right! I speak with a British accent, but because of my knowledge of Russian phonetics I can imitate a Russian English accent, which usually ends up sounding like a Hollywood Russian English accent. You do not have such a think accent of course, but some of your speech does sound distinctly Russian.

Last edited:

nebojsa84

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Serbia
Current Location
Serbia
Hi, by listening you i will guess that you are from some Slav country, maybe Russia, Byelorussia, or from one of Balkan countries.. i will definitely check your profile when i finish this post.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.