Interested in Language
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Dear teachers

Am I correct with the following interpretation?

The CEO wisely sent the letter using an official headed paper so the committee would not complain about lack of identification.

official headed paper = a paper with headings containing logo, identification, address, telephone etc. used by entities to formally communicate.

Thank you

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear teachers

Am I correct with the following interpretation?

The CEO wisely sent the letter using an official headed paper so the committee would not complain about lack of identification.

official headed paper = a paper with headings containing logo, identification, address, telephone etc. used by entities to formally communicate.

Thank you
No, to me that means that the paper was headed by an official - whatever that might mean. By the way, "official" usually refers to an agency of a government. In the US we would probably write it this way "The CEO wisely sent the letter on his company's letterhead so the committee would not complain about the lack of identification".

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The word that was used to describe this type of paper, preprinted with the organization's name and address, was letterhead. But since the advent of the PC and the internet, both the type of paper and its name are in extremely rapid decline.

Offroad

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
I just wanted to state that the CEO knew he couldn't simply write all IDs there himself as a committee would require 'official' identification.

Status
Not open for further replies.