Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

There are a number of educational issues which people have different opinions about. One of the most important is whether boys and girls should attend separate or mixed schools. Personally I believe that they benefit much more from studying together, but it's interesting to know about different opinions.

First and most commonly, attending mixed schools help children to develop social communication skills. School is a model of real life and one of the primary tasks for any school is to provide children a basis for the future life. If boys and girls study separately it will lead to the lack of communications between them and may have an influence on establishing their future families.

Moreover, boys and girls are different in their nature. They have different interests and talents, prefer various types of activity and all this creates an incredible amazing school spirit. This atmoshpere provides children an opportunity to share their hobbies, to find friends, to spend free time more interestingly and vary their outside activities. I feel that it is a priceless experience for young people.

However, one of the arguments against mixed schools is connected with a psychological school atmosphere. Some people believe that while children growing up there are a lot of conflicts between boys and girls. This, as they state, doesn't allow children to concentrate on the education properly. I think that it's partly true, but I don't agree that separate schools is the best way to improve the psychological atmosphere. I'd rather expect that some steps can be made by national authorities to make school atmosphere more friendly.

In conclusion, I tend to believe that mixed schools bring a lot of benefits to the individuals and help them to prepare for the adult life.

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Welcome to the Forum, omenelle :hi:,

If this is homework, I doubt that you will find anyone willing to help you.

omenelle

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Well, this is a kind of self preparation, I'm taking an exam next Saturday.
Actually I thought this forum section is intended for reviewing, am I wrong?

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
No, you're not wrong. But if we helped students with their homework, that would be cheating.

omenelle

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Why cheating? I'm doing a pure self-preparation before next week exam. I'm not studying anywhere to get marks or something else, just wanted to understand what is my current estimated Writing score and what are typical mistakes I have made here.

P.S. Probably I haven't mentioned it clearly, but I'm preparing for IELTS General exam in Moscow. It's not related to your school. To prove it, the essay topic is taken from 'IELTS 8' Cambridge book

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.