• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

Want to learn speaking and writing

Hı, I'm a teacher and I'm living in Turkey..I want to practise my speaking and writing in this forum if its allowed...I want to spent much time in this forum to learn English better than now...If you help me I will be happy...
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 22-Jul-2013 at 17:20. Reason: Correcting 'writting'.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Netherlands

re: Want to learn speaking and writing

Welcome to UsingEnglish, ozan4050.

We can try to help you improve your English by answering specific questions you ask on this forum.
    I am not a teacher.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: Want to learn speaking and writing

Note the correct spelling of 'writing', ozan.

Please read the rules and posting guidelines and spend some time browsing the forums to see how we can help.

I don't think we can help you to practise your speaking, unless you find penpals to Skype with.

Rover

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Want to learn speaking and writting

Quote Originally Posted by ozan4050 View Post
    Hı, I'm a teacher and I'm living in Turkey. I want to practise my speaking and writting writing in this forum if it's allowed. I want to spent much a lot of time in this forum to learn improve my English. better than now...If you help me I will be happy. ...
    Welcome to the forum.

Please look at my corrections to your post. When you write in English, follow these main rules:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
    - Always capitalise the word "I".
    - End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.

Note the correct spelling of "writing". We do not join sentences with multiple full stops. An ellipsis (...) has a specific function. You can easily practise your written English here but we do not have the facility for checking your spoken English. The best way to improve your spoken English is to speak it every day - talk to yourself, talk to native speakers (perhaps find a language exchange program).
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 22-Jul-2013 at 17:28. Reason: Fixing typo
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

In our school we have an English teacher but she is too busy so we can not have much time to speak English together .If you help me and ıf I practise my English I will pass the examination for being teacher in England.This examination is very hard so I have to study a lot.Thanks for everbody.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by ozan4050 View Post
    In our school we have an English teacher but she is too very busy so we can do not have much time to speak English together. If you help me and if I practise my English I will pass the examination for being a teacher in England. This examination is very hard so I have to study a lot. Thanks for everybody.
    As we have explained, we can't physically help with spoken English - there is no facility on this forum. There are other websites where you can Skype native speakers. On this site, we can answer specific questions about the English language and there is a pronunciation section which might help.

You said "... I will pass the examination for being a teacher in England". Are you sure that is what you mean? The training to be a teacher in England is quite long and involved and I'm not aware that you can train in Turkey. Do you mean that you want to teach English?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    As we have explained, we can't physically help with spoken English - there is no facility on this forum. There are other websites where you can Skype native speakers. On this site, we can answer specific questions about the English language and there is a pronunciation section which might help.

You said "... I will pass the examination for being a teacher in England". Are you sure that is what you mean? The training to be a teacher in England is quite long and involved and I'm not aware that you can train in Turkey. Do you mean that you want to teach English?
    Dear emsr2d2,
    I want to be a teacher in England at Turkish schools.Our education ministry makes a hard examination about English.If ı pass ıt.I will teach Turkish in England and I didn't mean ı want to teach English.I'm aware that many of English teachers in our country are not able to teach English :)