Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello, teachers.

I have completely misunderstand the following sentence:
"
If you can stand being relegated to the nosebleed seats for this performance, I promise to occasionally aim the KissCam at you or shoot a T-shirt your way."

"
If you identify as atheist, agnostic, or secular humanist, I bet you can come away from this book knowing and appreciating more about the history and underpinnings of our worldview. If you can stand being relegated to the nosebleed seats for this performance, I promise to occasionally aim the KissCam at you or shoot a T-shirt your way."

Than you

FreeToyInside

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
China
Hello, teachers.

I have completely misunderstood the following sentence:
"
If you can stand being relegated to the nosebleed seats for this performance, I promise to occasionally aim the KissCam at you or shoot a T-shirt your way."

"
If you identify as atheist, agnostic, or secular humanist, I bet you can come away from this book knowing and appreciating more about the history and underpinnings of our worldview. If you can stand being relegated to the nosebleed seats for this performance, I promise to occasionally aim the KissCam at you or shoot a T-shirt your way."

Than you

The nosebleed seats (or the nosebleed section) are seats that are very far from the stage or performance. It's kind of a joke, meaning that if you're in a stadium, your seat is so far up in the air that you might get a nosebleed. In the sentence, the person is saying that if you don't mind sitting very far away from the stage, he'll aim the camera (KissCam - at a Kiss concert?) at you or shoot a T-shirt at you. At some concerts or other events in America, you might see people using a T-shirt cannon, a tube that shoots free T-shirts into the audience.

(not an English teacher - just a language lover)

Last edited:

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
not a teacher

The "nosebleed seats" means the seats in an arena that are high up and far away from the stage. It alludes to the fact that some people get a bleeding nose at very high altitudes, on a mountain for example.

KissCam: Kiss cam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not very clear, but this is how I understand the quote.
The writer is saying that the book is aimed at those who want to learn about atheism, rather than at those who are already atheists. However, despite the fact that you will not, in a sense, be given seats near the front, he will nevertheless direct some attention towards you in the book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.