Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi...

I want to email my university for Request Deferral of Admission for my postgraduate studies. Here is the draft;

Dear Sir,
As mentioned earlier, I'm unable to start my course this Sept 2013 due to some financial restraints. According to my sponsor who is XXX, I must start my PhD course no later than April 2013 otherwise I have to reapply for XXX for next year (2014). This might be risky as there a hundreds of applicants who wish to obtain a financial aid from XXX every year. So, I would like permission to start my PhD later than Sept 13 and before April 2014, that I believe it will be on Spring or Autumn 2014. Thank you for your consideration.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi...

I want to email my university for Request Deferral of Admission for my postgraduate studies. Here is the draft;

Dear Sir,
As mentioned earlier,[STRIKE] I'm [/STRIKE] ) (Avoid contractions in formal correspondence) I am unable to start my course this Sept 2013 due to some financial restraints. According to my sponsor who is XXX, I must start my PhD course no later than April 2013 otherwise, I have to reapply for XXX for next year (2014). This might be risky as there are [STRIKE] a [/STRIKE] hundreds of applicants who wish to obtain [STRIKE] a [/STRIKE] financial aid from XXX every year. [STRIKE] So [/STRIKE] Therefore, I would like permission to start my PhD later than Sept 13 and before April 2014, that I believe it [STRIKE] will [/STRIKE] would be [STRIKE] on [/STRIKE] in Spring or Autumn 2014. Thank you for your consideration.

Suggestions.

surdni

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thank you very much

Status