The following is an excerpt from an article on baseball Monroe a power source - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

So wait, the Pirates slip below .500 on Thursday against the awful Houston Astros, possibly for good, but pop up with a winning record again 48 hours later in a baseball season already two weeks old?
Is that legal?

On an afternoon when John Russell's team lumber-companied the Atlanta Braves 10-0, mashing nine extra base hits and even drawing three intentional walks, it began to emerge that certain presumptions about the 2009 Pirates are at least subject to review.

What I really want to know is the meaning of the part "lumber-companied". Is it a verb? I looked it up in dictionaries and on the web but no luck. I'm not very familiar with baseball, either. From searching on the Internet, I found that the name of John Russell's team is(or was i'm not sure) called Pittsburgh Lumber Co. But still now so sure what "lumber-company" means in the above article. I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.