Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello everyone,

Today I have found this site Learn English Online - Englishtown. I saw it a lot of times, but I never thought about it.
Maybe somebody from users or teachers can give me a little review about that school.

I want to buy a course tomorrow, but maybe someone has a bad opinion about them?

I never studied through the internet, therefore I am so careful. I don't want to waste my money.

Thanks in advance,
Nickle.

FreeToyInside

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
China
I had never heard of Englishtown before now, but a search on Google for reviews provided some helpful information.

I didn't want to look at the Englishtown website's own testimonials, because obviously they would all be glowing.

The site does have a number of grade A's given, like on this website, and is included in a couple websites' choice of Top ten, like this website.

However, I also saw a number of complaints, like here and here.

The most comprehensive and informative review I could find was on this ESL blog.

I hope this helps you with your decision.

(not a teacher, just a language lover)

Nicklexoxo

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Thanks for your help.

If you know other good online English courses let me know, please.

I will check your references tomorrow, becasue now is the night.

Does somebody else want to help me?

Thanks in advance.
Nickle.

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I just took the Englishtown level test. Some of the questions in the first part (grammar) had, IMO minor mistakes (a comma missing here or there and the like). Then, in the listening part, all of the clips were reasonable, except for one. The reading comprehension part was not that difficult. All in all, it was a reasonable test, although, of course, some of the questions (they were all multiple choice) had two seemingly likely answers.

PS: I'll keep my score to myself, if you don't mind! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.