Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Burmese
Home Country
Myanmar
Current Location
Myanmar
I want to write a letter to my colleagues and want to tell her she can ask any information.
I always use "Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further information".
But I think it is formal usage???. I just want to know how can I write this sentence with more friendly or warmly but we are not very closed friend.

Please give me some suggestion.
Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

FreeToyInside

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
China
I want to write a letter to my colleague and [STRIKE]want to[/STRIKE] tell her she can ask any [STRIKE]information[/STRIKE]question/ask for any information.
I always use "Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further information".
But I think it is formal usage???. I just want to know how [STRIKE]can [/STRIKE]I can write this sentence [STRIKE]with [/STRIKE]more friendly or warmly, but we are not very close[STRIKE]d[/STRIKE] friends.

Please give me some suggestions.
Many thanks in advance.

Hi LeiYee.

I don't think it's the "hesitate" part that makes it sound so formal, but rather the "require further information" part that does. Some alternatives that sound maybe a bit more personal would be:

"Please don't hesitate to contact/call me with any questions or concerns."
"Please feel free to contact/call me for anything else you need."
"You're welcome to contact/call me if you need any (other/further) information."

Any combination of these would make a good alternative if you really want to change your sentence. The ending phrase "with any questions or concerns" would be my choice for something you would hear frequently and that keeps a professional but warm tone.

(not a teacher, just a language lover)

LeiYee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Burmese
Home Country
Myanmar
Current Location
Myanmar
Hello FreeToyInside:

Thank you for your attention :)
I decide to use "Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns".
It's correct, isn't it?

FreeToyInside

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
China
Hello FreeToyInside:

Thank you for your attention :)
I decided to use "Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns".
It's correct, isn't it?

It certainly is.

(not a teacher, just a language lover)

Status
Not open for further replies.