present continuous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yiagos

Raymott, could you post a dialogue (or an example situation) which can we use an expression such as I remember now?
You should realize me, in my native language we do not use a similar tense as Present Continuous. For this reason, sometimes we are confused.

John is obviously remembering it now
Finally, to avoid multiple posts, is it wrong if I say I am remembering? :roll:

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Raymott, could you post a dialogue (or an example situation) which can we use an expression such as I remember now?
You should realize me, in my native language we do not use a similar tense as Present Continuous. For this reason, sometimes we are confused.

Finally, to avoid multiple posts, is it wrong if I say I am remembering? :roll:
Why would I write a dialogue with 'now' when I've just said that it's not good English in that context?
Here's another context:
A: Do you remember what we did on this day last year.
B: Er, no.
A: Don't you remember that little restaurant beside the lake.
B: Ah, yes. Now I remember.

Yes, you can say, "I am remembering".

Y

Yiagos

Now I understand. It depends on situation the +ing or +ing + now/at this moment etc.

I watched an American film some minutes ago. Suddenly, the taxi driver asked the passenger:
Going school?
Maybe he asked going to school, but I am not sure at 100% because he was speaking too fast.
Was he speaking informally? As we all do with our friends, partners etc...

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Now I understand. It depends on situation the +ing or +ing + now/at this moment etc.

I watched an American film some minutes ago. Suddenly, the taxi driver asked the passenger:
Going school?
Maybe he asked going to school, but I am not sure at 100% because he was speaking too fast.
Was he speaking informally? As we all do with our friends, partners etc...

"Going school?" is incorrect. He was probably speaking very fast and the "to" was somewhat swallowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.