Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
Hi,
I want to learn the method of using of the above patterns "it is said that/it is thought that/it is known that/etc". It's okay none of you teaches me about them here. It would be enough if someone just provides me any website where I will be able to learn about them.

Thanks,

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,
I want to learn the method of using of the above patterns "it is said that/it is thought that/it is known that/etc". It's okay none of you teaches me about them here. It would be enough if someone just provides me any website where I will be able to learn about them.

Thanks,

The language in these phrases is not mysterious. Try starting with a dictionary.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi,

Thanks,
If people know that Fido is a dog, then it is known that Fido is a dog.
If people know that the moon goes around the earth, then it is known that the moon goes around the earth.

UM Chakma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
Great! I really wanted to have some examples though I didn't mention here. Because I am used with these kinds of sentences but I wanted to be more aware. Now I understand. If something is well-known by people and is very common to people, we can express it as "it is known/said/etc"
Thanks Raymott for the examples. I personally want more examples in terms of these kinds of sentences. Since I am used with them, now I just want to know, in how many ways they are (it is said/known/though/etc) used.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thanks Raymott for the examples. I personally want more examples in terms of these kinds of sentences. Since I am used with them, now I just want to know, in how many ways they are (it is said/known/though/etc) used.
Well, you'll have to do some reading or listening. They are common phrases.
It is said that the more effort you put into something, the more you learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.