Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
Hi,

I think it's possible to say that "think hard" and "think harder". But what's the difference between them. I know "hard" is used as an adverb here. If so, is "harder" an adverb too? I checked it up in a dictionary but nothing I got. Harder is the comparative form of hard. It is seen that comparatives are used the most in most of the sentences like "I think I can do better for you" "you will get better answers". Can't we say "I will do good for you"? Does using a comparative form bring the best meaning or extra advantage?

Note: If punctuation is not correct, please do not mind and kindly correct it. I did my best.

Last edited by a moderator:

UM Chakma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
Is there anybody to help me? Thanks.:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Your promise to be more patient is showing no signs of being true. You posted the question at 4am. You chased up an answer at 8am. That is unacceptable. I have removed the first line of your post where you complained that you had had to post your question here because you hadn't had a reply somewhere else. Please don't do that again.

UM Chakma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
Okay! I swear I will never do it again. Please do not get disappoint with me. You will see my patience will work from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.