Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Burmese
Home Country
Myanmar
Current Location
Myanmar
I want to know the difference between unsafe and unsecured.

The place become unsafe.
The place become unsecured.

Which one is correct?

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I want to know the difference between unsafe and unsecured.

The place become unsafe.
The place become unsecured.

Which one is correct?

As they stand, none make sense. The verb's tense is not correct. About the difference in meaning, between "unsafe" and "unsecured", have you checked a dictionary? Here are some: OneLook: General dictionary sites.

LeiYee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Burmese
Home Country
Myanmar
Current Location
Myanmar
Thanks for your advice.
I want to use for a situation or condition.
Can I write "If the region/place change to unsafe area."?

I mean that place or region is good condition now. If it change, how can I write?

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Can I write "If the region/place change (either "changes" or "changed") to unsafe area."?

I mean that place or region is good condition now. If it change, how can I write?

"X region has become/is becoming unsafe".

renard

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Thanks for your advice.
I want to use for a situation or condition.
Can I write "If the region/place change to unsafe area."?

Become is the simple present tense. If the place/region is safe now, then you will need to use the future tense. The place/region will become unsafe/insecure. **Note the difference between "unsecure" and "insecure" in a dictionary.
"The place will become unsafe" is fine and "the place will become insecure" may be correct depending on the place. For example, a country can become "unsafe" but not "insecure". Can you tell us what place you are talking about? Is it a country? Is it a specific building like a bank or scrap yard?

LeiYee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Burmese
Home Country
Myanmar
Current Location
Myanmar
Thanks for your reply, renard.

I would like to make a plan for a region for a situation.
For example,
I would like make a plan to stop trading for township "A" (if/in case) it's becoming unsafe area after we have started trading.
(or)
I would like make a plan to stop trading for township "A" (if/in case) it's changing to unsafe area after we have started trading.

Please give some advice. Many thanks in advance.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
"I'd like to make an exit plan for town A in the event that it becomes unsafe for trading there."
"I'd like to make a plan to stop trading in town A in the event that it becomes unsafe there."

Note, this could mean two things. 1) You want to agree on stopping trading if it becomes too dangerous (ie. that is the plan), or 2) You want to make an actual plan about how you are going to stop trading under those circumstances.

LeiYee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Burmese
Home Country
Myanmar
Current Location
Myanmar
I just want to make a plan in advance..
So, Do you mean like that? No.1 sentence that you wrote is using for plan and No.2 is decision.

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I just want to make a plan in advance..
So, Do you mean like that? No.1 sentence that you wrote is using for plan and No.2 is decision.
No, sorry, both my sentences mean basically the same and are both ambiguous. You can use either, and clarify in your colleagues aren't sure what you mean. Or: "I'd like to develop a plan ..." in either of my sentences would mean that you want to write out a full plan.
"I'd like to propose that we stop trading in town A in the event that it becomes unsafe there" means you don't necessarily intend to actually make a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.