• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Would my understanding of this sentence be correct?

Hi,

Here's an extract of a passage. There are two bits in the last sentence and I'm not sure if my understandings of them are correct.

...it is tough to believe that there is a 'hospital' where dolls along with their accessories like prams, as well as, all kinds of beloved stuffed animals can be repaired and brought back to their original glory...Welcome to Sydney's 'Original Doll Hospital' that celebrated its 100th birthday, on February 22nd, 2013...While business was robust, the real boom came in 1938 during World War 2. Faced with extreme restrictions, new dolls and toys became a rarity, and young girls and boys had no option, but to get their existing ones, lovingly restored - By one of the 70 'doctors' on staff.
    While it does not have as many employees today,the hospital that is run by his son Geoff Chapman now sits in a spiffy location with a beautiful store-front that features everything a little girl could possibly wish for - from new to lovingly restored, to even extremely rare and valuable dolls.
    (extracted from Sydney's Original Doll Hospital Turns 100! - Kids News Article - Page 6)

1. Does "While it does not have as many employees today" mean "
    While it does not have as many employees as it did in the past"?

2. In "
    a beautiful store-front that features everything a little girl could possibly wish for", I think "a store-front that features everything" probably means:
    "The store-front has everything a little girl could possibly wish for, and this is its feature. 'Everything' ranges from new to lovingly restored, to even extremely rare and valuable dolls."

Is that correct? Is it possible that it means "The store-front gives special prominence to everything a little girl could possibly wish for"?

Thank you in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: Would my understanding of this sentence be correct?

1. Yes.

2. In the phrase '...a beautiful store-front that features everything a little girl could possibly wish for', 'features' means 'has on display'.