• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Woah, sucks to be near the entrance of the external car park! from facebook discussio

A:Woah, sucks to be near the entrance of the external car park! Not sure if everyone whos been affected know or not... Good luck

B:I think someone over shot the corner on park ave...

What does over shot mean?

C:Yeah gool ol' beamer saved my car - for the most part My car is on like a 15 degree angle tho - so it looks like either the beamer bounced back or I kind of got knocked like a billiard ball

What's good ol' and 'beamer'. What does "so it looks like either the beamer bounced back or I kind of got knocked like a billiard ball" mean?

D:Drunk driver in a lexus at 4am in the morn overshot the corner of Park Ave. He was three times over the limit and is now in custody

What limit was he over three times? Is 'in custody' equivalent to in jail?

E:Just had a look then. The Beamer just needs a new door and some bodywork. The guys at Pace BM in Beckenham (or the paint shop next door to them) should be able to help out, or worst case give you several hundred dollars for scrap for the Beamer. Don't spend more than a few grand though if you repair it, otherwise you may as well buy another second hand Beamer. In regards to the cars to the left of it, doubt it'd be worthwhile repairing the Honda. Good to hear that they have the driver that did it.

Why does the beamer need a 'door'.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Woah, sucks to be near the entrance of the external car park! from facebook discu

To overshoot (overshot is the past tense).
    A "Beamer" is a slang/non-standard term for a car made by BMW. The BMW car which was hit suffered a badly damaged door and a new door is now required.
    "Three times over" - he had three times as much alcohol in his system than is permitted by law. He was a "drink driver/drunk driver".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.