[Answered] Can I improve my English in about one month ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
Can I improve my English in about one month ?
If yes , what should I do? :?:

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

UM Chakma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
If yes , what should I do? :?:

As a student and an English learner, I insist you can. You may not be able to improve a lot but I am sure at least you will make a bit progress rather than you have right now. Keep in touch with English. The easiest way is using English learning websites on the internet and that's what I do so as a result of it I could find this website.:) Good luck with your English and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The best, and probably the only way to improve your English dramatically in just one month is immersion. If you are able to place yourself in a situation where you have to to live your life entirely in English, one month can make a big difference, especially if you are young. Regrettably, however, it tends to be very costly to arrange such a situation. Two months are better than one.

In composing this reply I am relying on my personal experience of becoming fluent in French. My mother was a native speaker of French and I studied French at school, but not until I had six weeks of immersion was I able to become fluent.

Last edited:

Luke Lee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Australia
You need to put in a lot efforts! really a lot, I know many old immigrants who have been to Australia (I live in Australia) for several decades, and still can't talk or write English.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
You need to put in a lot of effort! I know many old immigrants who have been in Australia (I live in Australia) for several decades, and still can't speak or write English.

Welcome to the forums, Luke Lee.

Please read this extract from the forum's Posting Guidelines:

You are welcome to answer questions posted in the Ask a Teacher forum as long as your suggestions, help, and advice reflect a good understanding of the English language. If you are not a teacher, you will need to state that clearly at the top of your post.

Rover

Luke Lee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Australia
Welcome to the forums, Luke Lee.

Please read this extract from the forum's Posting Guidelines:

You are welcome to answer questions posted in the Ask a Teacher forum as long as your suggestions, help, and advice reflect a good understanding of the English language. If you are not a teacher, you will need to state that clearly at the top of your post.

Rover

OK, Thank you for correct my English.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
OK. Thank you for correcting my English.

You're welcome, but clicking the Like button would have been sufficient to say thank you. You don't need to start a new post or quote our replies back to us.

Rover:-D

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

Yes, but if you're thinking about a dramatic improvement, then probably not. It also depends on how much time you have to dedicate- if you have a free month and do nothing but study, you should make more progress than if you do just twenty minutes a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.