Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Greece
i am an english teacher in greece native speaker and i want to go to the usa to work can i if i yake the celta delta? and what jobs could i find ? i am readind all these job applications but i dont know if i have what they require . most ask for a bachelors is celta delta equivalent? i dont have
a uni degree just a licence to teach which sadly is not accepted outside greece. does anybody have a clue? its veryimportant i find outbecause things in greece are verybad now and i have to leave,..

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
CELTA and DELTA are different qualifications. If they're asking for a Bachelor degree, then the CELTA is not equivalent. Many MA programs give credits for the DELTA, but they don't recognise it as equivalent, though some scales put it on the same level. If they're looking for a degree, then it is likely that neither will do, especially in a buyer's market where there are many graduates after jobs.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
i am an english teacher in greece native speaker and i want to go to the usa to work can i if i yake the celta delta? and what jobs could i find ?
I have to tell you that if your written English is at the level suggested by this post, you are unlikely to find a job as an English teacher anywhere. English teachers are expected to be able to use capital letters and punctuation correctly.

TomUK

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
UK
I can't take it any more! What chance in hell do I have as a non-native speaker of English to improve my proficiency in that language when I have to put up with people who claim to be a teacher of English while presenting such a poor standard of written English at the same time? Sadly, this is only one of many examples I have encountered in the last couple of years. Nevertheless, as this is the thread starter's first post on these forums, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he had a few Ouzos too many before writing his post.

TomUK

Status
Not open for further replies.