• Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Help! Is this correct?

Isolation
    The wildernessis defined as an uncultivated, uninhabited, and inhospitable region. Yet, as Roderick Nash explains in Wilderness and the American Mindand as Jon Krakauer exemplifies in Intothe Wild, people are always being drawn towards the wild. The similarities between adventurers, includingChristopher McCandless, Everett Ruess, Jon Krakauer, and many more, areastounding. Those venturing into uninhabitedregions are detaching themselves from the faults of man and society in order tolive their alternative lives alone and in peace; instead, they are consumed by feelingsof melancholy and depression.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Re: Help! Is this correct?

Welcome to the forum, akubicki.

What do you think might be wrong with it - apart from the missing spaces that I have marked with a #?
    Isolation
    The wilderness#is defined as an uncultivated, uninhabited, and inhospitable region. Yet, as Roderick Nash explains in Wilderness and the American Mindand as Jon Krakauer exemplifies in Into#the Wild, people are always being drawn towards the wild. The similarities between adventurers, including#Christopher McCandless, Everett Ruess, Jon Krakauer, and many more, are#astounding. Those venturing into uninhabited#regions are detaching themselves from the faults of man and society in order to#live their alternative lives alone and in peace; instead, they are consumed by feelings#of melancholy and depression.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Help! Is this correct?

Thanks and I am wondering if the object of my essay is clear seeing as this is the introductory paragraph. Also, I was wondering if the sentences flow well grammatically and if the tenses agree.