Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Even after her death,she will live on.

Here by "live on" I want to imply that even after her death,she will be remembered.Is it correct expression.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Live on is fine,but you could use something like her memory will live on.

sdpegasus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Without using something(memory),can't the person herself live on?Let me put it in simple way-If I use the above sentence(the original one) in a write up,will it be grammatically correct or incorrect?

sdpegasus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I don't know,whats wrong with this forum these days..Why moderators don't bother to reply to the question clearly and resolve the doubt.When I registered for this forum,I thought my querry will be answered in time but little did I know that I was wrong.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I don't know,whats wrong with this forum these days..Why moderators don't bother to reply to the question clearly and resolve the doubt.When I registered for this forum,I thought my querry will be answered in time but little did I know that I was wrong.
I don't know what's wrong with a few members (fortunately very few) these days.

They sign on to a service in which volunteers give up their free time to help them, normally within a very short time. If for some reasons the volunteers happen to be working for their living, looking after their families, or grabbing an hour or so of sleep, the members will whinge if they have to wait an hour or so for their answer. I personally stop giving up my time for such people.

Fortunately, most of our members are a pleasure to work with.

sdpegasus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
5jj...I am sincerely sorry for what I have written.I shouldn't have done this.Please have my words that such acts will not be repeated in future.

sdpegasus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
P.S- apologies to all the respected members of the forum.I won't repeat this ever.It was a spur of moment remark.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Without using something(memory),can't the person herself live on?Let me put it in simple way-If I use the above sentence(the original one) in a write up,will it be grammatically correct or incorrect?
Tdol said that 'She will live on' is fine.

We usually (but not always) add something - She will live on in her books, She will live on in this beautiful garden, Her name/memory will live on.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
We are very pleased to hear that such comments will not be repeated. Your statements were unwarranted and unacceptable. In addition, you stated that when you joined you expected moderators to answer your queries. There are hundreds of members of this site and only a handful of us are moderators. You do not need a moderator to answer your queries - you need native speakers and non-native speakers who have a very high level of English. The forum needs moderators in order to ensure that comments such as those you made earlier are not allowed to go unchecked.

In your future posts, please follow the rules of spacing around punctuation in written English:

Put a space after every comma, full stop, question mark and exclamation mark.

sdpegasus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Yes, I will not repeat this, and I will bear these rules in mind henceforth.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The air has been cleared, so this is a good place to close this thread. Normal service carries on in other threads.

Have a good weekend, everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.