Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
I took a quiz today and there was a question that i wasnt able to be sure about its answer.
*There are three issues to debate. One of them is economical problems. ____ one is environmental problems and ____ is traditional subjects.
A) The other/ The other
B) Another/The other
C) The other/Another

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I took a quiz today and there was a question that i wasnt able to be sure about its answer.
*There are three issues to debate. One of them is economical problems. ____ one is environmental problems and ____ is traditional subjects.
A) The other/ The other
B) Another/The other
C) The other/Another

What is your best guess?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

"I took a quiz today and I'm not sure about the answer to one of the questions."

Resist7

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
"I took a quiz today and I'm not sure about the answer to one of the questions."
Actually I registered here in order to get a sensible answer to my question not to get editions on my writing.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Actually I registered here in order to get a sensible answer to my question not to get editions on my writing.

This is a forum dedicated to the teaching of correct English. If you don't want your incorrect English corrected, you are in the wrong place.

"Actually I registered here in order to get a sensible answer to my question not to [STRIKE]get editions on my writing[/STRIKE] have my writing edited."

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Fine. In future, I won't respond to your posts at all. Either you want to improve your English or you don't. You can't pick and choose which bits you want us to correct.

Resist7

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Sure I want to improve my English and I understand you all in that point but at least if you had answered my question while showing me the correct sentence I would have felt like improving my English instead of being criticised. I hope you understand what I mean.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sure I want to improve my English and I understand you all in that point but at least if you had answered my question while showing me the correct sentence I would have felt like improving my English instead of being criticised. I hope you understand what I mean.

As you can see, I hit the "Like" button on all 3 posts (including yours) which suggested that B was the correct answer. That indicated that I agreed with that answer. I then chose to show you the errors in your post.

Resist7

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
As you can see, I hit the "Like" button on all 3 posts (including yours) which suggested that B was the correct answer. That indicated that I agreed with that answer. I then chose to show you the errors in your post.
That doesn't explain why I received the information informing you liked it after one hour passed your editing my writing without an answer to my question but okay thanks anyway! :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You're right that I "Liked" the other answers later on (I tend to do Likes after I have dealt with a post) but that doesn't change anything. I quite frequently find posts which have been perfectly adequately answered by other members so I take it upon myself to point out the errors in the original post. I don't plan to change my method of volunteering my time on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.