Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Please help me transcript the missing words. It occurs at (31:37).
If I take this wire and I make a cross section of that wire . This is wire 1 and this is wire 2, then at any moment in time as the voltage wave passes by, this may be positive that is ... and this will be negative that is ...

Here is the video: Lec 16 | MIT 8.03 Vibrations and Waves, Fall 2004 - YouTube

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please help me [strike]transcript[/strike] transcribe the missing words. [strike]It occurs[/strike] They occur at (31:37).

If I take this wire and I make a cross section of that wire. This is wire 1 and this is wire 2, then at any moment in time as the voltage wave passes by, this may be positive that is ... and this will be negative that is ...

Here is the video: Lec 16 | MIT 8.03 Vibrations and Waves, Fall 2004 - YouTube

It's a little difficult because he has his back turned but it sounds like he says "that is this line of S" and then he says it again. I think he is pointing at two different parts of the blackboard when he says the two phrases. Perhaps you need to look through the preceding part (Lec 15) to see what he wrote on the right-hand end of the blackboard. If it looks like "a line of S", then it will make sense (grammatically at least!)

anhnha

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thank you.
I have just found the transcript from MIT OpenCourseWare | Free Online Course Materials.
The missing words are " that rho of s".
If I take this wire and I make a cross-section of that wire-- this is wire 1 and this is wire 2-- then at any moment in time, as the voltage wave passes by, this may be positive, that is that rho of s, and this will be negative, that's that rho of s.

Does the phrase "that is that rho of s" mean "that is because of that rho of s"?

Status
Not open for further replies.