Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Experience comes with time. Old people have already experienced the good and the bad that life has to offer them. If young people can learn from their experiences, they can handle difficult situations in their life with ease. But with time comes the generation gap also. People with growing age can’t do things which the young people can do without getting tried or catching their breath. Consider for example, old people can’t go out for mountain climbing or river rafting because their body’s muscles go weak with the growing age. Personally speaking, i believe that young people enjoy life more than older people.
To begin with, young people can go out and hang around with their friends. They have better stamina as compared with older people. Older people generally prefer at home. By way of example, I can recall the time when i was living with my family in New Delhi. My grandmother never used to go and hang around with my family. She usually preferred to stay at home. She did not have the stamina to go for a walk or to accompany us on any tracking expedition.
In addition to going out and have fun with friends, young people have fewer responsibilities than older people. Young people are dependent on their elders. It’s important to consider finances these days. We need money to buy a house, rent a car, and pay up for insurance. Our elders take care about these responsibilities. Young people are more involved in building their career and they care less about any of these issues. They do not have any burden on them and thus enjoy life more than older people.
Finally, young people have less health related issues. Old people are less inoculated to diseases. Their body is weak and less stamina. Older people are prone to health related issues like fracture, myopia, hypertension, memory loss. Young people can also suffer from these problems. However, the probability of these health issues grips the young people is quite less.
In considering the argument whether young people enjoy life more than older people , I have explored issues such as young people can go out and enjoy with their friends, they have less responsibility and family pressure, they have less health related issues. These factors may not be persuasive to many students, but they led me believe that with the growing age , older people are occupied by many other responsibility and thus they do not enjoy their life more if compared to young people.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

What is the purpose of your essay? Do you have a question for us?

fannasster

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
its a toefl question in writing section. i have my toefl on 21st sep 2013.
i was wondering if you guys can help me improve my essay by pointing out the errors in the essay .

fannasster

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
Young people enjoy life more than older people do.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's a [STRIKE]toefl[/STRIKE] TOEFL question in the writing section. I have my [STRIKE]toefl[/STRIKE] TOEFL exam on 21st Sept 2013.

I was wondering if you guys can help me improve my essay by pointing out the errors in the essay.

You need to concentrate on the rules of written English, especially with an exam coming up.

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

Is the essay you have written here the same essay you plan to write in your exam next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.