[Grammar] There is a construction going on in my site, so you might hear some noise. I am sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

UM Chakma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
Hi there,

Please check the following sentence made by myself and let me know if it is okay.

There is a construction going on in my site, so you might hear some noise. I am extremely sorry for that.

Thanks,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi there,

Please check the following sentence which I made by myself and let me know if it is okay.

There is [strike]a[/strike] construction going on [strike]in[/strike] on my site, so you might hear some noise. I am extremely sorry [strike]for[/strike] about that.

Thanks.

As you can see above, delete the indefinite article before "construction" - we use it as a general term. There is construction going on. There is some construction going on.

In your opening sentence you used "by myself" which means "alone". Are you sure that is what you meant? I think perhaps you meant to say "... the following sentence which I wrote myself" ie you are explaining that you have not copied it from anywhere but you created it.

UM Chakma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
Exactly that is what I meant. I wrote myself. I noticed my mistakes.
Just one more thing. I can see there are two "on" between going and my. Is it possible to use? I mean two same prepositions together.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Exactly that is what I meant. I wrote myself. I noticed my mistakes.
Just one more thing. I can see there are two "on" between going and my. Is it possible to use? I mean two same prepositions together.

Yes. It is going on. Where is it going on? On my site. Put the two together and you get "It is going on on my site".

Status
Not open for further replies.