Correct mistakes in this report (if any)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdpegasus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Write a report of 120 words on the failure of dam and the resulting consequences.

All hell broke loose at Peeperghat when the newly constructed Badhina dam collapsed . As a result water of river brahma spilled into village and inundated it.The flow of water was so strong that it swept away everythng with it.Thousands of people were rendered homeless, many lost their lives and some were reported missing.Animals which were means of livelihood for many people were washed away in water. Paddy fields were also under water.People had to take shelter in a nearby primary school. Many young boys from nearby village volunteered themselves to help the people of Peeperghat.Village administration is looking into the matter and they are yet to find the cause of failure.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What is the purpose of this report? By that, I mean, what are you going to do with it?

sdpegasus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I am a student and i have been asked to write this report.If you could correct the mistakes in it,it would be a great help to me.

Regards.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am a student and i have been asked to write this report.If you could correct the mistakes in it,it would be a great help to me.

Regards.

As I am sure you have seen on this forum many times, we do not help with homework assignments. The teacher is not interested in what we can write. Your teacher is only interested in what you can do on your own. Write the best report you can, submit it to your tutor and then, after you get it back with comments and corrections, you can come back to us if you don't understand any of the corrections.

sdpegasus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I won't get to know my teacher's views regarding this report as it is for competitive exams.Once I wrote it in the exam,they will only let me know my marks,not the grammatical mistakes, thatswhy I asked you to point out my mistakes, so that I can improvise . However if it is against the rules of your forum, then I won't pester you.:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you plan to submit this piece as part of your exam, then we cannot help you. I am sure that you can understand that it would be entirely unfair of us to help to write a report that will be used in an exam. You must do all your own work for classes and for exams.

sdpegasus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Ok, Thank you.

But I didn't ask you to write it for me, I wanted you to correct the grammatical mistakes in it.

Its okk, thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I didn't say you asked us to write it for you. You asked us to help you with it by correcting grammatical mistakes. I repeat "We do not help with homework assignments". If you submit a piece with grammatical errors to your teacher, your teacher will understand where you are having problems. The teacher will be able to concentrate on those issues with you in class.

If you submit a piece with grammatical errors for an exam, you will get the mark you deserve. If you submit a piece in which we have corrected all the grammatical errors, you will get a higher mark than the one you deserve.

For your information, I found 16 errors in your report. They are a mixture of missing articles, errors in capitalisation, errors with the spacing around punctuation and general grammar errors. I am now closing this thread. There is no more useful discussion to be had about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.