Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
Hello, I was searching on how i could send a formal letter to a University and i found your site! My University haw two positions for the John Hopkings University so i would like to apply! the problem is i dont know anything else!! What the positions are about, are they accepting students like me, what are we going to do there, where are we going to leave and everything! The site of my school is only saying that the transfer will be covered and for anything else we can come in touch with JHU! so i write this letter and i would be very glad if you can correct it for me! oh! I am from Greece so excuse my mistekes! :)

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you mean "Johns Hopkins" you should learn to spell the name correctly.

Did your university give you a contact at JHU?

korfiati

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to request some information about a cooperative program with Medical School, University of Patras. I recently found out that Johns Hopkins University is about to accept two participants and I would love to apply for it.
My name is GK and I am currently a sixth year student at University of Patras doing my last year in Medicine. USA seems a really nice place for me to do my specialty, so I thought JHU could be a great start.
First of all, could you please tell what the program refers to? Is it clinical or researching? Also I would like to know which subject this is about, for example surgical, oncological, neurological issue. Generally I would appreciate any information about this program.
In additional, I have some questions for the accommodation. Will the University provide us a place at the campus? Will we have a discount if renting a place?
In conclusion, the site of my School writes that the approval must come from your side, so do I have to send my curriculum vitae to you?
Sorry about all these questions but I am very anxious about my next steps in medicine and this program seems the best way to achieve a beginning in America. Thank you in advance for your attention.
Sincerely yours

Last edited:

korfiati

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
:oops: sorry! No, my school didn't give us any information. the site just writes that they will provide us the transportation and nothing else. Not even what this program is about. but i have found an email address so i'm thinking to ask the John s Hopkins for more details. The doctors at my University told me though it would be better sendind email to JHU asking for infos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.