a paragraph question

To engineers, design typically has less to do with aesthetics and appearance and more to do with fabrication and performance. Engineers tend to focus on the structure behind the facade. They worry about how the building will be built, how it will stand, whether it will sway too much in the wind, whether it will survive an earthquake, whether it will crack or leak. Engineers designing the structural frame of hotel buildings take into account the strength and stiffness of ballroom floors, where large crowds will gather and rhythmic dancing will occur. Engineers are expected to think about how a building will be heated and cooled, how air will circulate among its spaces, how energy efficient it will be. In the ideal world, the design efforts of architects and engineers complement each other, resulting in a building that is both a joy to look at and a pleasure to use. But all too often in practice, things do not work out like that, and the users of the building pay the price. In most buildings, the work of the architect masks, cloaks and hides the work of the engineer. Engineering criticism is almost unheard of in public discussions of building design, although it does sometimes come to the fore when buildings fall down, as in the case of the collapse of the World Trade Center towers.

67. It is clear from the passage that, when engineers design a building, they ----.

A) take into consideration what it will be used for
    B) make sure that the site is suitable
    C) completely ignore aesthetic aspects
    D) aim to make it multi-functional
    E) are very much limited by the amount of money that is allocated

To me, there are 2 possibilities:

1- D seems to be correct but still I have doubts about the use of "multifunctional" in that sense. What do you think?

2- If D is not correct, then the next candidate is B, where the word "site" poses a problem as it , as far as I know, means the place of a building but the paragraph does not tell us about the place of a building. Am I wrong? And what is your choice?

Which do you think is correct?

Re: a paragraph question

To engineers, design typically has less to do with aesthetics and appearance and more to do with fabrication and performance;i.e., how it's made and what it will be used for. Examples from the text:

[1] Engineers designing the structural frame of hotel buildings take into account the strength and stiffness of ballroom floors, where large crowds will gather and rhythmic dancing will occur.

Answer Key: A) take into consideration what it will be used for.